lunes, 3 de agosto de 2009

Saturday 18th

on Saturday 18th we went to the complexes like Villa Club, Isla Sol, Lago Sol, Entre lagos, we met the security guards and in one of them we even had the chance to met the gardeners and pool guy… it was nice, we had a problem that day because we did 49 sandwiches and they were 58 so we went back to my house to do the rest of the sandwiches and went back to the complexes… We knew a guy that her wife has pancreatic cancer and is helped by the volunteers of ASVOHL, he told us he work 2 turns because he needs money for the injections and medicine her wife needs… a lady that lives in the complex help her when she heard about the case.

I have a true answer to my classmates who though what I was doing illogical and stupid… I can speak now more mature because I realized that in every social work we do, we do not only do one thing, many stuff come out and get us more and more involved with it… for example in my case, besides spending time with them, eating and laughing with them we make a paper of psychologist, friend etc.

1 comentario:

  1. Jerome - It is great that you feel you have answers to your classmate's questions. It is logical that they question you and your actions and it is healthy for you because it makes you really think about what you are doing and why. You know that I wanted you to do social action more times than you did, and you know that I wanted you to reflect on specific concepts that we studied in our book and in class in each blog entry. In any case, you have done a nice job with this and I hope it inspires you to keep serving.

    ResponderEliminar